You set the maximum daily amount. Then, depending how much energy you’re sending back to the grid each day, your sharing amount will vary, but it won’t go over that maximum amount you choose. Change the sharing amount to help small Vermont businesses and non-profits or stop at any time!
Fill out the Sharing Enrollment Form to get started.
If you’re a small business or nonprofit on Rate 6 or Rate 8, you can start to enroll! The amount you receive will vary depending on how many net metering customers decide to share, the amount of energy they share, and how many businesses are signed up. If all eligible net metering customers shared all of their energy they send back to the grid, that could be millions of dollars for Vermont businesses by the end of 2020.
Sign up up to help your business by emailing [email protected] and GMP’s Business Team can help get you started.
- Use the app to share credits from the energy you export to the grid.
- Only newly generated solar energy credits exported to the grid are eligible for sharing.
- Your shared energy will appear as a debit on your monthly energy statement, and will be covered by your oldest stored solar credits first.
- Only net metering customers not already sharing/receiving in a group can participate.
- Check out the Sharing Customer Agreement.
- For small businesses and nonprofits on Rate 6 or Rate 8 working to get back on their feet after the COVID-19 shutdown.
- The amount you receive will vary depending on the amount of energy credits shared and the number of customers enrolled.
- The shared energy will appear as a credit on your monthly energy statement to help offset your costs.
- Check out the receiving customer agreement.
Email [email protected] and GMP’s Business team can help!