TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF GREEN MOUNTAIN POWER’S TEXT MESSAGING PROGRAM (“GREEN MOUNTAIN POWER TEXT ALERTS”)
As a registered participant and user in Text Alerts, you will have the ability to send certain messages to Green Mountain Power (GMP) about your electric account and receive back messages about your electric account, including service disruption, if any.
By sending a text message for participation in Text Alerts, or by using Text Alerts at any time, you are agreeing to the Text Alerts terms and conditions below (“terms and conditions”). These terms and conditions are subject to change at the sole discretion of GMP and without notice to Text Alert participants; a current version of the terms and conditions will be posted at gmpsnapshot.greenmountainpower.com/notification-terms-conditions.
To participate in Text Alerts, your phone must be enabled for text messaging. Text messaging and data rates may apply. If you do not have a smart phone that links you to the website directly, you may need to use another computer to access the terms and conditions on the website before texting.
You can permanently discontinue your participation in GMP’s Text Alerts at any time by texting STOP to 46788 (GMPVT). You also can temporarily discontinue your participation in Text Alerts by texting PAUSE to 46788 (GMPVT).
When you opt-in to the service, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup. The Text Alerts service will alert you to new power outages at your registered account, as well as send updates about estimated repair times for in progress power outages and restoration of power. You may also report a new power outage by texting OUT to 46788 (GMPVT) or check outage status by texting STAT to 46788 (GMPVT). For more information, text HELP to 46788 (GMPVT).
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.Cost of Participation
- While Text Alerts are complimentary and require no purchase or fee for participation. message and data rates may apply, and may be billed on your wireless phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. Check with your carrier for details. Message frequency varies.
- You agree not to send or otherwise make available content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or contains hate speech. You acknowledge that GMP may or may not pre-screen text message content you provide, but you acknowledge and agree that GMP shall have the right, without obligation and in its sole discretion, to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any content you make available, including content that violates this section. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself during Text Alerts registration process, and to update this information promptly when it changes. If you provide any information that is untrue or inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if GMP suspects that your information is untrue or inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, GMP may, at GMP’s sole discretion, suspend or terminate such Text Alert registration and/or access or refuse current or future access.
- By sending text messages, you grant to GMP, without award, fees or payment to you, the perpetual, irrevocable, and fully assignable rights to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform, and publicly display any and all text message content provided by you to GMP (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such content into other works in any format now known or later developed.
4.Confirmation,Opting Out and Discontinuing Use of Text Alerts or Asking Questions
- You understand and agree that you will receive a confirmation text message for each text message sent to GMP. To opt-out and discontinue Text Alerts, please send the keyword STOP to 46788 (GMPVT). If you experience any problems with opting out of Text Alerts, or if you need help or additional information related to Text Alerts, please text HELP to 46788 (GMPVT) and we will respond with instructions to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe. You may also call Customer Service at (888) 835-4672 or email Customer Service at email@example.com.
5.Security and Privacy
- Each user shall be responsible for the use, security, and safeguarding of such user ‘s identification, password, GMP account information.and other confidential information. GMP shall have no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from the theft or unauthorized use of a user’s identification, password, GMP account information or other confidential information, including but not limited to the user’s tax identification number, social security number, personal information or data including but not limited to address, telephone number, credit card number, or bank account number (“User Confidential Information”).
- Each participant/user of Text Alerts acknowledges and agrees that GMP may engage and use one or more outside vendors to host and/or maintain Text Alerts and that any such vendor may have access to the User Confidential Information of the participants/users of Text Alerts. Each participant/user expressly authorizes GMP to provide each such vendor with access to such User Confidential Information in connection with the limited purpose of hosting and/or maintaining Text Alerts.
6.No Guarantee of Timely Delivery of Messaging
- GMP is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected messages, including (but not limited to) undelivered, incomplete or inaccurate messages resulting from any form of filtering or otherwise by your mobile carrier or service provider or any other third party supplier or entity.
7.Disclaimer of Warranties
- You expressly understand and agree that your participation in the GMP Text Program is at your sole risk. Text Alerts are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. GMP and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners, contractors, consultants, licensors, suppliers or their assignees and/or their successors in interest, expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. GMP and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners, contractors, consultants, licensors, and suppliers make no warranty that (a) Text Alerts will meet your requirements; (b) Text Alerts will be private, free from unauthorized access, uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; or (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of Text Alerts will be accurate or reliable.
8.Limitation on Liability
- To the fullest extent permitted by law.you expressly understand and agree that GMP and/or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners, contractors, consultants, licensors, agents, and suppliers, or their assignees and/or their successors in interest shall not be liable to you for any damages, costs or expenses incurred by you or for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, even if GMP has been advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from the use or the inability to use Text Alerts, unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, statements or conduct by anyone, including any third party, or any other matter relating to Text Alerts.
9.Suspension or Termination of Text Alerts
- GMP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend any or all of its Text Alerts, in whole or in part, or your participation therein, for any reason, or without (a) any notice to participants of Text Alerts, including you, or (b) any obligation of GMP to offer or support any similar replacement program or service.
10.Applicable Law and Disputes
- These Terms and Conditions and GMP’s relationship with you regarding the GMP Text Alerts are governed by the laws of the State of Vermont, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. You and GMP agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Vermont Superior Court, Chittenden County, and you and GMP hereby waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
- These Terms and Conditions contain the entire agreement between you and GMP regarding the use of the GMP Text Alerts.and supersede all prior understandings related to use of Text Alerts. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of these Terms and Conditions, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S.Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Celular, Cellular One of East CentraiiL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), lllinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications. Pioneer.Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).***Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages***
- If you have any questions or concerns about GMP Text Alerts, or to report inappropriate content, call GMP at (888) 835-4672.