Managing My Service
To start new service in your name, please call us at (888) 835-4672 and have the following information available:
- Your new service location.
- Existing account information for your new location (current account name, number, or meter number).
- Your Driver’s License number or Social Security number.
- If you’re a business, your federal tax ID.
- Primary phone number.
- The date you’d like to start service (same day service set up is not available).
- Your mailing address.
*There is a $20.00 charge to start new service.
Click below to stop your service using our convenient online form. You will have to have a GMP online account. You can also call customer service at (888) 835-4672 to stop service.
If you are a landlord, you can arrange for automatic disconnection or continuation of service when your tenant leaves. By filling out the GMP Landlord Agreement your choices are documented then updated on your account for your property.
- Complete the Landlord Agreement and mail it back to us at:
Green Mountain Power
163 Acorn Lane
Colchester, VT 05446
- Fax to us at (802) 655-8402
- Or email to email@example.com
- (888) 835-4672
- Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm EST
- Emergency 24/7
- 163 Acorn Lane
Colchester, VT 05446
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST
- We are closed on major holidays, the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.
Welcome! We look forward to not only being your electric utility, but also providing you with innovative power solutions and the latest energy technology. Follow the steps below to get started.
1. Check our Service Area map to see if you are moving within our service area.
2. Call us at (888) 835-4672 and we can help you set up service.
3. Set up your online account to access usage data, account settings, and online bill pay.
4. Easily manage your GMP account with the GMP app or by using Alexa! You can also sign up for Text alerts that let you know about storms, outages, and power restoration updates.
Creating an online account is easy, will save you time and will empower you to take control of your energy usage. There are many benefits to an online account:
- 24/7 access to your account information.
- Access to your energy usage information.
- Pay bills and view billing history.
- Manage your account settings like signing up for payment arrangements or budget billing.
- Manage your billing preferences like recurring payments and paperless billing and sign up to receive text notifications.
Click on Create an Account to get started.