If you happen upon a downed power line, do not touch or go near it!
- Assume that all objects touching the power line are also energized.
- Stay at least 50 feet away from the line and anything it comes in contact with.
- Keep bystanders, children, pets, and livestock away as well.
- Never attempt to remove trees or limbs from a utility line. Instead, call us at (888) 835-4672 to report the issue.
- If the line is blocking the road or in contact with a vehicle with people inside of it, call 911, then call us.
- If a power line lands on your vehicle, stay inside until help arrives unless there is a fire.
- If you absolutely must leave the vehicle, jump clear of it so that you do not touch the ground and the vehicle at the same time.
- Once you land, shuffle away, keeping both feet in contact with the ground at all times.