Getting text notifications from GMP puts information about outages in the palm of your hand. Using the every day accessibility of text messaging, you can quickly and easily text or email us to report an outage. Then we’ll update you with our estimated restoration time. Using GMP Text Alerts gives you peace of mind knowing that you won’t be caught by surprise.
Once we’ve assessed the situation, we’ll text you to let you know when you can expect the power to come back on, so you don’t have to worry about making any phone calls. You can also link multiple accounts to one device, or multiple devices to one account, so that everyone in the family can be in the know.
How to sign up for outage alerts
If you don’t already have an online account, you will need to Create Account.
Sign up for Outage Text Alerts.
Using and managing the outage notifications
Once you’re registered, you can use the following commands to communicate with GMP for outage information.
- REG – Register your mobile phone
- STAT – Check the status of an outage
- OUT – Report an outage. For fallen lines or other non-life threatening emergency situations, contact customer service at 888-835-4672.
- NICK – Assign a name to identify your account
- PAUSE – Temporarily stop receiving text messages from GMP
- RESUME – Begin receiving text messages from GMP again
- STOP – Cancel text notifications
- HELP – Receive help information
Message and data rates for your specific mobile phone plan apply when using GMP text notifications. By registering you agree to the Notification Terms and Conditions.